NPP Data Ordering
AS 3000 (IDPS): Products from IDPS, aggregated to ~5min granules at Land PEATE in HDF4 file format.
AS 3001 (LPEATE): Products produced by Land PEATE using the IDPS software. This should match the corresponding product from IDPS in AS 3000.
AS 3002 (LPA): Products produced by Land PEATE using NASA science team (Land PEATE) adjusted (LPA) version of the IDPS software.
AS 3100 (LPAC1): Products produced by the C1 reprocessing of VIIRS instrument data at Land PEATE using the best available PGE versions, seed files and LUTs. L1B reprocessing is currently in progress. Reprocessing of all L2 and L3 xDRs and IPs are expected to start in Aug 2013.
Data in archive sets other than 3000, 3001, and 3002 are from science tests for review by designated science team members only.
Please note that the products are currently of BETA QUALITY and are not intended for scientific use. The global browse images of these products (IDPS, LPEATE, LPA) are posted on the Land PEATE QA web site at http://landweb.nascom.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/NPP/browse/NPPbrowse.cgi
1. By logging to the ftp server
- ftp ladsweb.nascom.nasa.gov
- Login as anonymous.
as = Archive Set number (e.g. 3000)
product = Product name (e.g. NPP_VSTIP_L2; see here for a list of product names)
yyyy = Year (e.g. 2011)
ddd = day of year (e.g. 325)
- mget *.hhmm.*.hdf
hhmm: granule identified by the approximate start time of the granule in hours and min (~ 5 min boundary)
2. Search and order from LAADS
- Connect to http://ladsweb.nascom.nasa.gov/
- Click on Data on the next page and on Search in the following page
- Select Satellite/Instrument: NPOESS Preparatory Project VIIRS
- Select Group: e.g. NPP Level2 5-minute Product
- Select Product: e.g. NPP_VSTIP_L2
- Temporal Selection: Enter the date time range e.g. to search from day 325 enter 2011-325 16:00:00 for start and 2011-325 18:45:00 for end
- Collection Selection: Select an archive set #
- Spatial Selection: Global will include all granules from the specified date/time range, Lat/Long will let you identify the region of your interest. Tiles are 1200 x 1200 km gridded regions in sinusoidal map projection.
- Click on Search.
- Follow the instructions on the web to place the order and/or download the data.